Thursday, December 24, 2009

Yuri Mania 22: A Very Lily Christmas

Gokigenyou minna-san! Meri Kurisumasu! By the time this is posted, it should be Christmas or Christmas Eve. I don't usually plan on doing Christmas posts because I'm sure there will be lots out there, but these ideas for yuri 4koma cannot escape my mind! And wow... I haven't done a Yuri Mania since September 0.o


So I won't delay it any further...

The Melancholy of Saber Lily Part 29


Don't you just love Google Image Search? You can find any pictures such as mistletoe or lilies. Oh yes, I could've just gone with the innocent scene like Haruhi stealing a kiss from Saber under a mistletoe, but that'd be too boring... What Haruhi's singing is also on purpose, lol.

Oh and don't forget that Kyon's there briefly. I had a hard time putting Haruhi on top of Kyon because her skirt is too stiff, so I had to shift her a little. Hmm... what else is Kyon thinking about at that moment...?

The electric chair! A very dangerous wrestling move!


The Melancholy of Saber Lily Part 30


I was just asking for mom to spare a wrapping paper that's not able to be used anymore... but she wrapped it for me anyway! Thanks mom! Now, I know how to wrap a box too, mind you, but she didn't mind. I thought about cutting through the box and the wrapping for Haruhi's ribbon/bow to come through, but that might ruin it. I settled with what's here. Ssshhhh... Don't tell anyone, I used the work's colour laser printer to print out the lilies cutout before I take off for 1.5 weeks from work. So now we got a lily box as well ^^;

Don't forget, all of these 4koma and the previous ones can be enjoyed at The Melancholy of Saber Lily website!

Lastly, around this time I also had a Christmas pot luck with my co-workers on the last day. We usually make something to bring, but this year they decided to just buy pizza. I still made something anyway though. I spent the whole night on Monday to make these Cheeseburger Cupcakes that was referred through Chun on Twitter. I figured it was interesting enough to make it and make it a surprise for everyone who's seen it.

Pardon the crumbs around the pictures ^^;

The sesame seed really add to the touch. The "recipe" said to use orange juice to stick it on the top of the cupcake, but the ones I made were sticky enough that I could just place them on top and press down a little with a knife.

I realized that the "ketchup" and "relish" icing are green and red which are Christmas colours too! The yellow icing is supposed to be cheese, but it can also be mustard ^^;

In total I brought in 19 and came back with only 2 left. It was quite successful! If I make it again next year I'll probably try to use brownie in the middle instead of normal chocolate cake.

I hope you all have a very good Christmas and/or holiday season! ^_^

19 comments:

  1. naughty haruhi needs spanking XD Merry Christmas kaicho ^w^ !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and under lilies you'll have to. DAMMIT THATS BRILLIANT!!

    What a nice X-mas gift Haruhi got!! 2x Yuri!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah! Cheeseburger cupcakes totally messes with the mind. They look pretty good!

    Awesome stuff with the lilies! I love your humor.

    Merry Xmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. RAep-In-A-Box, pardon me but, this is better than the infamous d__k in a box.

    ReplyDelete
  5. gasp, are those the said cupcakes? so they're sweet, yet look salty?

    And yeah, I really have to give it to you for the 'under the lilies' >.<...

    I wish I could just put a box over stuff I didn't want to see. lol. Not that I don't want to see what's specfically under THAT box.

    MMMERRRYYYY CHRISSSMAAAAAAA-

    ReplyDelete
  6. LoL. Kyon is savioring the moment of doing something to Haruhi... XD

    And boy, she never does give up so easily, now... Put a mistletoe and hide behind a (fake) present box just to "get on with it" with Saber... v_v

    Merry X'mas, man.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @yunamon: Maybe just this one time ^_~

    @kyourin: Hahaha She needs more spanking yes. She's been very, very naughty!

    @zh3us: Thanks! I had fun giggling to myself coming up with these ideas XD

    @phossil: Merry Christmas!

    @radiantdreamer: Thank you ^^ My humour is definitely messed up though ^^;;

    @GunStray: I laughed so hard reading your comment! I didn't even think about that! "Raep-in-a-box" XD

    @Ningyo: Yup those are the cupcakes that kept me away from the computer for a long time on Monday ^^; Yeah, you probably want to see what's under this box, lol. Merry Christmas to you!

    @bd77: Kyon's gotta enjoy whatever he can get ^^;;; And yeah, Haruhi's relentless!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guess that's what they call 'X'mas. Where is my cupcake?

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL Lily always get it XD and Merri Kurisumasu~

    ReplyDelete
  10. @FatB: It's in the mail, but the Postal Service is notoriously slow around this time of the year...

    @Yamada: Mayhaps I should stop making Lily the victim, eh? ^^;

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha those are really funny 4-komas. I love the second one!

    Merry Christmas to you. I hope you had a good one like Haruhi. ^ ^

    btw. Those cupcakes look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Merry late Christmas. Can I has cheeze cupcake burger, anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  13. A belated Merry Christmas! I was too busy filming the Dollfie Dream Theater to have time to check my blogroll~

    More 4koma for double the lilies!

    You made some neat dessert there, cheeseburger cupcake huh.

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Yi: Thanks ^^ Well it wasn't as good as Haruhi, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. The cupcakes were surprisingly good considering it was my first time XD

    @RyoBase: LoL unfortunately some people finished them cupcakes off yesterday.

    @Wolfheinrich: Looking at your pictures on the DD Theater, I can imagine how busy it was. And I thought I was having a hard time with just the Figmas... We both have our vices, eh? ^^;

    Stolen idea from teh internetz, but I thought I'd make it in person. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow Those Cheeseburger Cupcakes look awfully delicous.
    Recipe? Pls?

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Tommy: Happy Holidays to you too ^^

    @Blowfish: You can check the Flickr account or their website. They really don't have a written recipe ^^;

    ReplyDelete