Friday, April 3, 2009

Yuri Mania 8

Gokigenyou readers! Welcome to another session of Yuri Mania! This week I finished Maria-sama ga Miteru 4th season... Awww what a touching ending. It's kinda what you see in the above picture... ok fine those two didn't really kiss, but still hugging. It's a spoiler perhaps, but after you watched the whole season you see it coming.

I also finished Maria-sama ga Miteru 3rd season OVA. No, you didn't read it wrong. I watched the end of 4th season before I even watched most of the 3rd season... Safe to say I mixed up a lot of the timelines as I was watching both of them at the same time. This is also old news, but if you haven't heard, Nozomi/Right Stuf has picked up the license for the 4th season. So now I can't wait for the DVD specials that they always have in it. I just realized I reviewed first season of MariMite but didn't continue... Guess that's something I ought to do next week...

ANYHOW... This is also an excuse to post...

The Melancholy of Saber Lily Part 12

Last time Saber Lily found out that Haruhi has a freaking tentacle monster for a summon! And well you can sorta imagine what happens when a tentacle monster shows up...

Ah two parts in a row that I couldn't figure out a title for the comic... I had to borrow from a brand of soda. Yes, there is an actual soda called "Tentacle Grape". Look it up!

I was mildly annoyed that the tentacle was rubbing paint all over my Saber Lily figma. I hope it's removable. It's minor, but still noticable. Panel 3B was also a pain to make. I know what I wanted to do, but I guess I didn't envision how it looks because Haruhi and Saber's picture were taken separately. I took them both yesterday, then as I was making it in Photoshop, it didn't match! ARRGGH! So I had to reshoot for Haruhi's part... I also modified Saber's eyes to match the shock, though it didn't look as good as I'd hope. Anyway, the MariMite picture is a better example of what I was trying to achieve in panel 3B.

16 comments:

  1. Poor,poor Saber.
    I like her shocked expression :D

    Everybody knows whats going to happen when the lily panel pops up^^

    Actually a Flower stands for the act of defloration over here ^^;;;

    ReplyDelete
  2. Otaku power to the rescue! @.@ panel decenored, bring me more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Blowfish: LOL really? A flower stands for the act of defloration? Haha I used that appropriately here then XD

    @Wolfheinrich: I had to pause during the photoshoot because of tentacular yuri action I was imagining ^^;

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Saber, we hardly knew you...

    Oh by the way, just wanted to tell you I've added you to my blogroll >=D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the 'Woot! Found my skirt' bit from the first panel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Snark: LoL She's not dead yet.
    And thanks for the add ^_^

    @TheGeek: Haha yeah. She's been running around in her pantsu for a while now XD

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOOT!!!!!
    Yuri FTW!!!!!
    Well...sadly I didn't watch much of the series but now...I might...after I finish a few 30 or so series I have on my comp...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I am working on a blogroll too, I hope you don't mind if I add you to the list :3

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Rin: I think MariMite is one of the series I would watch right away no matter how much series I have in my queue XD

    @Wolfheinrich: Ah please do. Thanks for the add! I shall add yours in case I haven't ^^;

    ReplyDelete
  10. lol poor Saber :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. love Saber's eyes on the 3rd panel XD Hope that paint comes of Saber easily.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Poor Saber indeed XD
    And yeah... I wonder if Danny had any of those advice about removing paint.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loll at the Saber yuri strip.
    Also, the pic isn't much of a spoiler if you watched the ed sequence.
    Btw. I just found your site randomly.

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Yi: Thanks for finding my site :D I'm taking a look through your site and wow! I see that I am not worthy m(_ _)m

    Yeah, lol, not a spoiler since we know it's going to happen... just didn't know WHEN it's going to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wonder what Kyon was thinking. when he saw this, if he did

    ReplyDelete
  16. @blood on the mirror: Simple, "yare yare" and facepalm lol.

    ReplyDelete